Maitrise professionnelle - Impression 3D résine multi-matériaux
Entrée en fonction
The INIT Robots lab is seeking a M.Eng, student (at least 12 credits’ project) to work on the design and assessment of a kit to grant multi-material production capabilities to a 3D printing machine using photosensitive resins
This project is conducted in collaboration with professor Ilyass Tabiai.
The successful candidate will carry out the responsibilities of this position with dynamism and creativity, namely
- You will learn about the procedures, advantages and disadvantages of resin-based additive manufacturing ;
- You will have to make an existing prototype more reliable : review the design of the parts and work on the ease of assembly and use of the kit ;
- You will design a custom printing pool for the kit with automated management of resin levels ;
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing an experimental procedure for evaluating the tightness of the system ;
- You will have to improve the mechatronic management of the resin change ;
- You will need to improve the user interface of the system for the whole slicing and printing procedure ;
- You will end with a series of experiments showing the mechanical advantages offered by multi-material manufacturing.
We have one of the largest manufacturing facilities in all Canadian universities and a technical team to support you with manufacturing processes and the assembly.
Start date is as soon as possible. The project will most likely spread over a minimum of eight (8) months.
Salary and benefits
A scholarship of 5 000$ to 10 000$ per semester on the project can be provided based on the quality of the candidate. This includes :
- Flexible workweek schedule adaptable to the applicant cursus ;
- The work mode is hybrid, meaning that you can work remotely at times. You will have to be in the lab to experiment with the hardware.
Profile and Job Requirements
- You are registered (or planning to) in a master’s program at ÉTS ;
- Solid knowledge of mechatronics ;
- Solid knowledge of computer-aided design ;
- Experience in 3D printing is an asset that will be highly valued.
Candidates are invited to submit an application file that includes :
- A CV
- Your most recent academic transcript.
Apply online here : https://forms.gle/XHGP7z17ihZ7…