Maitrise professionnelle - Caractérisation d’un banc d’essai d’impact pour drones légers
Entrée en fonction
The INIT Robots lab is seeking a M.Eng, student (at least 12 credits’ project) to follow the development of a test bench to assess the structural performance of drones.
This project is conducted in collaboration with professor Ilyass Tabiai.
The successful candidate will carry out the responsibilities of this position with dynamism and creativity, namely
- You will become familiar with the use of the impact bench ;
- You will develop a procedure for testing the performance of the bench in comparison with standard test solutions. You will have access to standardized equipment (impact tower);
- You will design an experiment campaign evaluating the structural strength of different drone structures or complete commercial drones. You will need for this to make the mechanical design of custom clamping system.
We have one of the largest manufacturing facilities in all Canadian universities and a technical team to support you with manufacturing processes and the assembly.
Start date is as soon as possible. The project will most likely spread over a minimum of eight (8) months.
Salary and benefits
A scholarship of 5 000$ to 10 000$ per semester on the project can be provided based on the quality of the candidate. This includes :
- Flexible workweek schedule adaptable to the applicant cursus ;
- The work mode is hybrid, meaning that you can work remotely at times. You will have to be in the lab to experiment with the hardware.
Profile and Job Requirements
- You are registered (or planning to) in a master’s program at ÉTS ;
- Solid knowledge of mechanics ;
- Strong knowledge of materials testing.
Candidates are invited to submit an application file that includes :
- A CV
- Your most recent academic transcript.
Apply online here : https://forms.gle/XHGP7z17ihZ7…